Ugh, Monday morning ... I've already snoozed my alarm 5 times. Finally, I tell myself I need to get out of bed if I want to look like a halfway presentable person today and not wear a high messy bun in for the 5th Monday in a row (they're Mondays, don't judge me), slowly I make my way to the bathroom and GAWHHH! where the hell did this crater on my face come from?! Here comes a Monday for the win!
Oh how I wish I had flawless skin and could say I rarely experience break-outs but I'm like many women with combination-to-oily skin and not above the occasional break-out, blotchy skin or under eye circles. The good news is, I've spent countless hours researching the best facial routines; the bad news, I don't have a magic cure, but, what I have found is it really boils down to consistency and today I'm going to share some of my favorite Murad products that help keep my face in check.
- Daily Cleansing Foam - A perfect light cleanser that cleans out your pores without acting as a harsh chemical and drying out your skin. I use this product morning and night.
- T-Zone Pore Refining Serum - I fall victim to an oil t-zone and had issues with fading make-up and having to oil-blot several times a day. This product has helped tremendously with keeping this at bay and you only need to use a very small amount so the bottle will last you for quite some time.
- Advanced Active Radiance Serum - Blotchy skin no more. This product helps brighten skin and even-out blotchy or spotty skin. I originally received this product as a sample and was shocked with the difference I saw when I wasn't using it and my skin returned to it's blotchier state. This one is on the spendier end but again a little goes a long way.
- Anti-Aging Moisturizer - A light lotion that helps fight aging effects and acne. Heavier lotions have a tendency to clog up my pores and cause break-outs. This lotion provides a perfect amount of moisture without the added weight and oils.
- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - Once a week exfoliator to help remove any stubborn impurities and smooths out skin.
- Clarifying Mask - A non-harsh clay mask that helps clear pores, proactively fight acne and lessen oily skin.
- Intensive-C Radiance Peel - If you don't want to commit to the Advanced Active Radiance Serum this is a great alternative. This mask will give you an instant Vitamin C boost that brightens your skin and can be used multiple times a week.
- Acne Spot Treatment - Helps speed up the clearing and healing of acne spots however note that it does require multiple applications and is not an instant solution. If you are looking for a more immediate solution, Murad does also offer a fast fix acne product.
- Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturizer - A velvety heavy duty moisturizer for those dry spells during winter and when I'm looking for a boost of hydration after spending long hours in the sun.
Murad is by far my favorite facial brand. Its a little on the pricey side but well worth it if used consistently. I've found that purchasing some of my products from Amazon (though they are not an authorized reseller) can provide quite a bit of cost savings. But, beware of knockoffs. Here are a few tips to make sure you don't get a dud product:
- Check reviews from other customers.
- Look for expiration information (sometimes this information will be addressed in the "Customer Question & Answer" section). If you want to know more about the shelf life of products to ensure they will still work to their full capacity, click here or here.
- Check the packaging when you receive. All authentic Murad products bear a hologram seal.